Smart Battery Shunt 500A/50MV
The SmartShunt is an all-in-one battery monitor, only without a display. Your phone acts as the display. The SmartShunt connects via Bluetooth to the VictronConnect App on your phone (or tablet) and you can conveniently read out all monitored battery parameters, like state of charge, time to go, historical information and much more.
Alternatively the SmartShunt can be connected and be read by a GX device. Connection to the SmartShunt is made via a VE.Direct cable.The SmartShunt is a good alternative for a BMV battery monitor, especially for systems where battery monitoring is needed but less wiring and clutter is wanted.
The SmartShunt is equipped with Bluetooth, a VE.Direct port and a connection that can be used for: monitoring a second battery, midpoint monitoring or a temperature sensor. The SmartShunt is available in 500A.
The SmartShunt connects via Bluetooth to the VictronConnect App. The VictronConnect App is used to read out all monitored battery parameters and is also used to make or change settings. Alternatively, the SmartShunt can connect to a GX device, like the ColorControl GX or the Cerbo GX.
The SmartShunt has an auxiliary input that can be used to monitor the voltage of a second battery or to monitor the midpoint of a battery bank. The auxiliary input can also be used for battery temperature monitoring together with the optional Temperature sensor for BMV.
Differences Compared To BMV712 Battery Monitor:
- No Programmable Visual & Audible Alarm
- No Programmable Relay
- Supply Voltage Range: 6,5 – 70 VDC
- Current Draw: < 1mA
- Input Voltage Range, Auxiliary Battery: 6,5 – 70 VDC
- Battery Capacity (Ah): 1 – 9999 Ah
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 +50°C (-40 – 120°F)
- Measures Voltage of Second Battery, Or Temperature, or Midpoint: Yes
- Temperature Measurement Range: -20 +50°C
- VE. Direct Communication Port: Yes
- Current: ± 0,1A
- Voltage: ± 0,01V
- Amp Hours: ± 0,1 Ah
- State of Charge (0 – 100%): ± 0,1%
- Time to Go: ± 1 min
- Temperature: (0 – 50°C or 30 – 120°F) ± 1°C/°F
- Accuracy of Current Measurement: ± 0,4%
- Offset Less Than: 20 / 40 / 80 mA
- Accuracy of Voltage Measurement: ± 0,3%
- Dimensions (H X W X D): 500A: 46 x 120 x 54 mm
- Protection Category: IP21
- Safety: EN 60335-1
- Emission / Immunity: EN-IEC 61000-6-1 EN-IEC 61000-6-2 EN-IEC 61000-6-3
- Automotive: EN 50498
- Cables (Included): Two Cables with Fuse, for ‘+’ Connection & Starter Battery or Midpoint Connection
- Temperature Sensor: Optional (ASS000100000)